Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The road ahead...

-I’m in my fourth of five years in college. I often look back at the road I started out on as a freshman. It was a road much different than the one I travel today; but, like this road, I couldn’t see the end. I couldn’t see where the next four years would take me because they were just over the horizon, just out of view. Isn’t that how our whole life works? It would seem that we can only plan for the next view of the horizon, and trust God with what comes next.

-so should we sit back and plan nothing? I don’t think so. I couldn’t stand it. As a Myers/Briggs ENTJ, I MUST be able to plan long term. I must at least determine East or West, North or South. While we can’t see the end, we can at least take a look at our general direction and ask ourselves: “Am I going where God would have me? Is this the road I need to travel?” These are the questions we can answer with God’s help. I can’t tell what the end will bring but I can’t not believe that God will show me what highway to travel. He’ll tell me what exit to take when he gets ready.

-the trick for me is being ok with that. It’s being ok with holding my plans with an open hand and realizing that I don’t have to predetermine every exit before I get on the highway. It’s a beautiful realization when I can see that I don’t need a perfect plan, because he has one already mapped out.

-that’s all. I saw this picture and it got me thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment